Just reviving this thread as there are some useful tips in here.
Not sure if this is covered somewhere else, or if it just common sense , but are there any way to search for posts that have all the terms you enter in them.
For example, I have tried to search for ASX CFD's in the past, and when I enter this in the search it returns results with either ASX or CFD and not just the results with both words in it. I have tried using 'ASX AND CFD' in the search, but it doesn't seem to work.
No Advice - Just Opinions...
Advanced Search and enter your search terms in the 'Search By Key Word(s):' box. Then in the 'Search Options' section below ensure the 'Show Results As' is set to 'Posts' rather than 'Threads'.
When you click 'Search Now' the search will then find all posts containing all your search terms.
Hi Joe. This is not so much a "How Do I do It?" question ,but a "Where Did It Go?"
What happened to the Stock ticker that used to be up on the right top corner of the home page?
It was there a couple of days ago...Could you put out an APB for it ...I miss it!
Ok ,Joe. I understand now ...that's a scandalous cost!
I can get the info elsewhere. Thanks
Thought I'd bump this thread for those who haven't seen it.
Plenty of great tips here for making the most of ASF!
If there's something you'd like to know how to do, or if you just have a query about an aspect of ASF's functionality, feel free to ask your question in this thread.
ASF has reset my login with a numerical password lost following the wiping of my hard disk when my PC crashed.
Gratefull if you cud guide me on how to reset this password with one of my choice tt is easier to remember. Tks
You can change your password in your User Control Panel: http://www.aussiestockforums.com/for...o=editpassword
Is there a way to mark a thread as read instead of opening it up and clicking on all the entries?
While I'm on the topic there are also a couple of ways to mass mark threads as read.
1) Go to the forums index page and look just above the "Currently Active users" section where you will see a "Mark Forums Read" link. Clicking this will mark every thread on ASF as read.
2) Go into the index of any forum on ASF and click on the "Forum Tools" drop down menu at the top right of the list of threads. You will see a "Mark This Forum Read" option which, when selected, will mark every thread in that forum only as read.
Hope that helps.
Point numer 2 is exactly what I want to do
Posting attachments is failing.... i have tried to post old charts i have put in the past but they keep failing.
I have checked the size on JPEG format.
Two questions about the software ASF uses.
Does the software allow you to password protect specific threads?
Can you designate moderators to specific threads?
Good thread and I noticed it only today . Laggard as they call it.
Any way my queries are :
- How do you select a moderator ?
- Do they have some business interest with ASF to be a moderator ?
- What is the term for a moderator considering the Prime Minister gets elected for three years ?
- What is the code of conduct for a moderator unless they get an immunity
- Who moderates a moderator?
Last edited by Miner; 8th-June-2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: format
All sellers are inevitably, and by the meaning of the word, buyers so DYOR .