I am very new to Shares so I am looking for peoples opinions on the following so a bit of background first:
- I have a couple of investments properties and I am in the process of putting one of them up for sale and will keep the other one which is negatively geared.
- After fees and taxes etc. I should come out with $400k+ profit from the sale of the investment property.
- I am looking to invest for up to 10 years possibly 15.
- I don't want to have too much overhead management of my investments
- I have a decent paying secure job ($100k+) and am in my late thirties with a family.
- I have approx $150k in super.
- My goal would be to fully retire by 50.
So my plan is looking something like this:
1. Keep $175k in an at-call High Interest Cash Account (UBank probably)
2. Hold the remaining Investment property
3. Transition my super into a low cost index fund(ING Living Super probably)
4. Position the remaining $225k from the investment property sale into the following ETF's: VAS, VTS and VEU at 33% into each.
Very interested in opinions on whether this looks like a good plan and contains enough diversity to enable me to look towards a comfortable early retirement.