Quantcast
The AFL Discussion Thread - Aussie Stock Forums

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Printing My Own Money chops_a_must's Avatar

Default The AFL Discussion Thread

Surprised I couldn't find a thread on this topic.

So this is for those people who don't want to talk with those Essingdon people.

And also to all those west coast fans, nerrrrr! Jam it up your clacker!
    Up the Rats!!!!

Default Re: The AFL Discussion Thread

Nothing like a gracious winner

Oh how I love round 1, two down in my tipping already

Blog Entries

Yep, two surprise starts to the season to me. Two shocks actually.

I think the top four will be birds clubs and West Coast win the granny.

LeCras injury a bumber, whatever it is. Had him in my Super Coach team.

You are arguing with a Galah IFocus's Avatar

WCE failed to kick goals early Freo took their chances later good game over all WCE have 4 on the side lines to come in losing LeCras is a real bummer he looked good hope its nor serious.

I wasn't overly surprised Freo have had the wood on the WCE for a while.

I fu(king hate soft fee's in front of goals even so Freo still deserved the win now to put up with their rabble supporters

Still round 1 long way to go yet

Only two results but this could really open things up. If its going to be tight at the top every win is so crucial like last year.

I'm pumped to see the mighty cats in action in next week's blockbuster. So glad footy is back!

Quote Originally Posted by kennas View Post
    Yep, two surprise starts to the season to me. Two shocks actually.

I think the top four will be birds clubs and West Coast win the granny.

LeCras injury a bumber, whatever it is. Had him in my Super Coach team.
    Not sure it was that much of a surprise. The second half of last year Freo were on the rise and a very efficient unit.

What was a surprise was Freo's physicality. I don't think anyone would ever have thought that Freo were a scary proposition ever in their history. But they will now. We bullied and hurt the eagles.

You wouldn't think of mzungu as a bone breaker, but he's obviously got a fair bit more meat.

Quote Originally Posted by IFocus View Post
    WCE failed to kick goals early Freo took their chances later good game over all WCE have 4 on the side lines to come in losing LeCras is a real bummer he looked good hope its nor serious.

I wasn't overly surprised Freo have had the wood on the WCE for a while.

I fu(king hate soft fee's in front of goals even so Freo still deserved the win now to put up with their rabble supporters

Still round 1 long way to go yet
    I think that was the pressure Freo put on.

To be outplayed and still in touch is what a good coach can manage.

You'll have more on the sidelines. Ash smith, schuey and some others to come back in for you. We have sandi and pav to come back.
    Up the Rats!!!!

Mod: Call me Dendrobranchiata prawn_86's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tonights Swans V Cats should be an absolutely cracking match. I'm gunna go against the crowd and say the Cats will get over the line by less than 10 points.

I agree, should be a beauty I am tipping the Swans, will be happy seeing one of those two teams register a loss though (Carn the Hawks!)

Positive Expectancy nulla nulla's Avatar

So the Demons were supposed to be on illegal suppliments last year. Judging by their performance I suspect they were given the generic version or the placebo.

Given this years performance so far, has been even more woeful, they must be going cold turkey and suffering from withdrawal.

Perhaps the board should sue the suppliment supplier on the basis the goods supplied were not fit for the purpose intended and frankly, didn't bloody well work.
    "Speak softly, but carry a big stick". Theodore Roosevelt.

You'd think Neeld had the bags half packed at 3/4 time! Gosh it was GWS - Melbourne may be down and out but they've played as a team for more years than GWS - you'd hope they'd get over the line!

Being a Hawks man - bit disappointed with the win in Aurora. They really should have put the Dockers to bed - no Pavlich and no McPharlin = run over the top. Still got the 4 points though

ANZAC day should be a cracker - I think this will be Essendon's first true test again a top 4 team.

Biggest fakers for the year
    - West Coast
    - North Melbourne
    - Brisbane
    - Richmond (you can't fade out like that if you want to be on the big stage...)

Make the drill work for YOU springhill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTLP View Post
    You'd think Neeld had the bags half packed at 3/4 time! Gosh it was GWS - Melbourne may be down and out but they've played as a team for more years than GWS - you'd hope they'd get over the line!

Being a Hawks man - bit disappointed with the win in Aurora. They really should have put the Dockers to bed - no Pavlich and no McPharlin = run over the top. Still got the 4 points though

ANZAC day should be a cracker - I think this will be Essendon's first true test again a top 4 team.

Biggest fakers for the year
    - West Coast
    - North Melbourne
    - Brisbane
    - Richmond (you can't fade out like that if you want to be on the big stage...)
    Shoenmakers not the best (not the worst though) tall defender going around, who is next in line at the Hawks to take his place?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means that you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" - Winston Churchill

Go the Cats. Surprised by our 4-0 start!

Hawks
    Cats
    Pies

Still look good. Swans will be thereabouts.

Not sure how to rate Essendon. Last year is still fresh in my mind.

Positive Expectancy nulla nulla's Avatar

At three quarter time, we were looking down the gun barrel of almost certain defeat by GWS. Oh the ignomy, where would we hide our faces then?

Fortunately the Demons finally clicked and played as a team, for at least one quarter. Fantastic that it was the last quarter when it really counted and we managed to kick clear and record a decent win.
    "Speak softly, but carry a big stick". Theodore Roosevelt.

Quote Originally Posted by springhill View Post
    Shoenmakers not the best (not the worst though) tall defender going around, who is next in line at the Hawks to take his place?
    Brian Lake who has being playing in the 2s at Box Hill to date. Schoenmakers will be badly missed though and I was devastated when he went down . He's been much maligned in the past but his form this year has been terrific, such a shame. We also lost another defender in the pre-season with Suckling doing his ACL also. I was very bullish about the Hawks before the season started but after this latest injury to Schoey I am getting a bit worried, another serious injury and it's going to make things pretty hard for us

Pleased the Hawks got the 4 points on the weekend and it was a decent margin in the end but, yes, a lacklustre performance. I am going to see them on Sunday so hope they can bounce back to full form against North Melbourne

Teams I am worried about ; Geelong, Swans and Essendon.

Very happy to see the Demons have a win.

West Coast v Port Adelaide. That was hilarious.

West Coast in serious trouble. Someone needs to tell Worsfold that 80s footy is long gone, and you won't be successful with having a squad of boring, unskilled battlers.
    Up the Rats!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chops_a_must View Post
    West Coast v Port Adelaide. That was hilarious.

West Coast in serious trouble. Someone needs to tell Worsfold that 80s footy is long gone, and you won't be successful with having a squad of boring, unskilled battlers.
    Didn't see that match but by all acounts it was very exciting. West Coast may improve a fair bit when they get some injured players back, when is Nic Nat due to return? Two close finishes this weekend with Freo hanging on for a one point win over the Tigers on Friday night Great match for a nuetral

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Hale View Post
    Didn't see that match but by all acounts it was very exciting. West Coast may improve a fair bit when they get some injured players back, when is Nic Nat due to return? Two close finishes this weekend with Freo hanging on for a one point win over the Tigers on Friday night Great match for a nuetral
    Natanui isn't going to be the answer.

Who else have they got to come in?

Freo look shot to me as well.
    Up the Rats!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chops_a_must View Post
    Natanui isn't going to be the answer.

Who else have they got to come in?
    Wellingham, Nicoski, Embley....

West Coast 1-4...definitely a pack of fakers!

North are also 1-4 but I'd say they had a few tight ones that could have turned their way.

Richmond 3-2 - unlucky on the weekend and may have to bite my tongue on them and North but for now it's ok

Hawks without Cyril is but this weekend against a Texless Adelaide could be

Hawks trying to give me heart failure this week, didn't help that my 9 out of 9 for tipping was riding on the outcome of the Hawks match either

Yes, we will miss Cyril - so many injuries! As you say JTLP, no Tex for Adelaide so they are depleted too. Hope we take it up a notch or two this week, not very impressive on Sunday