A serious question for those interested in the political process in Australia - is this Gillard government the worst government we have ever witnessed?
A quick synopsis of just some of the current issues coming back to haunt Gillard and Swan:
1. The on-going Obeid scandal in the NSW Right, the engine room of the 'faceless men' that forced KRudd from office.
2. The farcical MRRT take of only $126m, with the cross benches in revolt at the porky pies told to them by Swanny.
3. Two sitting, Labor endorsed MPs before the courts.
4. Roxon and co leaving en mass.
5. The Nova Perris debacle, with Gillard stitching up one of KRuddy's NT senators in the process.
6. The back-flip on the budget surplus.
7. The carbon tax job losses now being felt in the teeth of an East Coast recession.
8. Swan's attack on Twiggy Forrest at the time of the poorly conceived mining resources tax now playing out with him having egg on his face.
9. KRudd appearing on Youtube and social media every day with a evangelical, revenge-filled glint in his eyes.
.... and these are just some of the current issues facing this government.
So the question for the historians amongst us must be are we bearing witness to the most incompetent, ill disciplined and polarising Federal government in Australia's history? There is not a doubt in my mind that this is the worst government in the modern era. All Gillard's chickens are coming home to roost it seems.