It seems that there are a number of different people here from all walks of life investing for one reason or another. As I am currently looking at a career change, I am interested in hearing about what other people here do for a living and the pros and cons to the industry.
Currently I am a 23 year old salesman for my parents Shopfitting company. I have worked in sales for another company, dont mind the job but I want to chase the higher paying career. No degree is a bit of a hinderance however I am looking at going to uni part time next year to sort that out.
Pros to my current job:
- Great client base in the cooking industry
- Great discounts on home appliances through big retail brands
- Get to do a few different roles in one, selling, drawing/design and even some IT
- Work for my family has its benefits
- Package is pretty good for the industry
Cons to my current job:
- Boring industry. I have no real interest in it and absolutely no passion.
- Most people who I work with are douche bags and expect something for nothing rather then actually working for it.
- Have to work for my parents
- Salary is rubbish compared to other careers. Unless i took over the business which wont be happening due to one reason or another.