Comparing Different Watchlists - Aussie Stock Forums

Default Comparing Different Watchlists

i have 10 different watchlists that i update each day after trading closes.

Each watchlist is represented by each of the 10 sector groups on asx equities.

The watchlists contain common data such as volume, movement, number of trades, etc.

i want to be able to differentiate between these watchlists each day to establish which one one to focus on for the following trading day.

what methods can be used to make this differentiation?

Perth and Thailand

Default Re: Comparing Different Watchlists

Look at the 10 index charts that belong to your 10 watchlists e.g. XGD for gold stocks,
    XMM for mining etc.

Treat the index chart as you would a company chart using whatever trading system you
    prefer (there are hundreds)... trend reversal with high vol, trending upwards or
    downwards, bouncing off or breaking through resistance/support level , the Holy Grail (sorry, only joking :-)) etc etc.

Also, look at what's happened on the Dow overnight, especially the comments/headlines
    below the charts at

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5EDJI#symbol=^dji;range=1d;compare=;ind icator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalu e

It may give you some idea of where the action may be on the Aussie market today, but caution.. we are not always in synch. See how NZ (2 hours ahead) is handling overnight news too http://nz.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5ENZ50#symbol=^nz50;range=1d;compare=;i ndicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcva lues=0;logscale=off;source=;

Subscribe to one of the free pre market newsletters giving a rundown of yesterday's and
    overnight action. I think my trading platform First Prudential Market's newsletter is very
    good. It's free, just register. http://www.fpmarkets.com.au/
    There must be others too.

I also look at FP's Market Map which colours green to red where the moves are from pre-open to live throughout the day... keep an eye on it, because the market often reverses after the first 20-30 minute shakeout. Wait 30-60 minutes, so that the market settles a little. You can often catch the movers and shakers on a retracement dip.

I think my favourite Bullcharts software does it too... free for 20 min delayed.
    I say "think" because one of my grandchildren last night accidentally spilled a drink on my main laptop. The keyboard is stuffed, so I'm relying on my backup puter that doesn't have BC installed..such is life.

Other brokers and trading platforms have similar I'm sure.

Good luck, mate.

Default Re: Comparing Different Watchlists

thanks for reply