Australian Leaders Fund (ALF) is the new name of Wilson Leaders (WLS). Previous discussion on WLS can be found here: http://www.aussiestockforums.com/for...ead.php?t=1702
ALF is a LIC that operates a little differently from the norm...while they come across as value type stock pickers they also short stocks using a reverse value stock picking criteria probably much better explained by them.
- Market Cap: 76 mill.
- 52-wk High: 1.31
- 52-wk Low: 1.015
- First listed: Feb 04
- Gross portfolio increased 28.5% in the 12 months to June 2011
- 2011 After Tax profit of 14.1 mill up 10.7% year on year
- Has Paid 8 consecutive half year FF dividends.
- Gross Dividend yield 12%
- The fund incurs a management fee of 1% of gross assets.
- A 20% fee is applicable if the fund outperforms the All Ords Accumulation Index.
2011 Preliminary financial report can be read here.
So i opened a new position in ALF today @ 1.19 ~ dividend to come (12% Gross factored forward) and with a bit of a rally its not to hard to see a small profitable exit appearing somewhere down the road.
ALF is a small fund that hasn't captured much support from the investment community and the charts not that flash as far as growth goes, but the dividends have been good over the last 3 years and this market really suits their investment style and should continue to suit going forward...I've watched with interest for 3 years and now ALF is worth a conservative punt for me.
5 year chart and fund performance below.