Studying/paper trading - Aussie Stock Forums

Default Studying/paper trading

How long did you/ have you been studying and paper trading for? At what stage did you feel confident to start live trading?

I have been studying on and off for a few years inbetween kids, moving country and the general stuff of life. My plan sees me doing a few more months of serious study then phasing more into more paper trading. I hope to go live by about Feb 2012.

Default Re: Studying/paper trading

(1) Most of your concerns will disappear when you understand how to quantify and implement Risk mitigation into your trading.
    (2) All of your concerns will disappear when you have developed a fully tested method which returns a positive expectancy in all markets.

Without (2) you cannot implement (1)
    Without (2) you are just expecting at best and hoping at worst that what you are doing will return a profit.
    To paper test a method rigorously would take 30 yrs as a minimum.

In the process of finding (2) you will become aware of why a trading method is profitable.

You THEN will be able to develop and trade in a discretionary manner.---if you wish
    To attempt to do so before understanding WHY your trading will be profitable will see you amongst the 97% who fail---sadly many who could "make it" are demoralised and financially defeated BEFORE they get to square one---errr (2)!!

This is where your at now!!!

Its worth the investment in the necessary tools and the time in becoming proficient.
    There are really no short cuts---although many will try!