Amibroker export to CSV file - Aussie Stock Forums

Default Amibroker export to CSV file

Just wondering if anyone can assist with the following code to export from Amibroker to a SCV file?

Need to export Exploration results (regardless of what is in exploration) automatically saved to a directory with the current day's date in the file name.

I know this can be done manually with the Automatic Analyser but want to code into any exploration.

thanks in advance

Default Re: Amibroker export to CSV file

You can find some code examples in the UserKB section of the AmiBroker website which should get you going.

Thanks Colion

I've found code on exporting quotes & also to export watchlists but nothing for an exploration as yet and i've not been able to modify any of the quote code with success yet.

A search of my library turned up this code. It's javascript but may be of some use.

Seven Hills, NSW

If I understand your question correctly, it appears you are asking to create the CSV file from the exploration AFL rather than export the results afterward.
    To export afterward, I think you will have to use scripting as per the previous quote.

To log to a specific CSV file from your exploration have a look at the Amibroker help for ALF functions: fopen, fputs, fmkdir

With the AB file functions you can read and write to files from within AFL.
    I have used it in the past to back test another programme's Elliot Wave buy/sell recommendations by reading in that history during back test and also displaying arrows on a chart.

When I was trading full time in 2005-2006 I use to use www.autohotkey.com software to automate activities on my PC including the import of data into AB. I was not as comfortable with java script.

I hope this helps.

Meanwhile I am trying to find information on live market feed for orders + trades to integrate into AB...(posting new thread shortly )