I recently sold a small business I started a few years ago and have been looking for a good place to invest the proceeds. I am looking to spread the money across 4 stocks.
So far I have invested 25% of the money in TGA which I bought at 2.02 and 25% in CCV which I bought for 0.78. I am still looking for another 2.
I have a very strict investment criteria:
* Simple business
* Not technology related
* Nothing to do with mining
* A brand name that I have heard of
* History of solid earnings and steady earnings growth
* Dividend payment steady or increasing (more than 4% is preferable but not essential)
* Good assets on the books
* Prefer small cap but not essential
* Excellent management
* low debt/equity prefer less than 20%
The current share price doesn't worry me. I can wait for the market to do something silly and buy when I feel they are going for a good price.
If anyone has a similar investment strategy and can point me in the direction of some stocks that meet these criteria I would greatly appreciate it. It's a sea of mining stocks out there and while they might be making some people a lot of money, they are not the type of businesses I am interested in investing in.
Any recommendations will be appreciated, of course I will do my own analysis of the stocks, just looking for a general point in the right direction.