As I approach this milestone, I must reflect on what I have achieved and on what ASF brings to an investing community beset by bad advice, charlatans and ne'er do wells.
1. Firstly an admission, I initially posted in a vain attempt to win "The Competition", good marketing by Joe Blow. i still have not won it .
2. It has given me more insight in to market action and risk and placement of trades than any book could ever have done.
3. It allows me to express my angst against an unfair world, as I see it, and remain calm in the rest of my dealings with humanity.
4. I have proffered my identity to only one poster, who has respected that. A sign of the maturity of all posters.
5. I have made many friends online, whose joys, sadness, wins and defeats I have shared.
6. It has confirmed my view that financial advisers as a class are defunct, and that FA should be taught from G3 in Primary School, approximately the age of 8.
7. It has helped me respect difference even from Balmain bloody basket weaving greens.