This years Melbourne Cup. Who's gunna win it??
Also looking into the trifecta got a little formula I found.
Here is Punterwoman's Formula for finding the Melbourne Cup trifecta based on 20 years of Melbourne Cup statistics and punting experience -
Include any runner who:
* ran on the Saturday before the Cup, regardless of where they finished.
* is an international visitor with Group form carrying 57kgs or less.
* ran a place in this years Caulfield Cup and/or last years Melbourne Cup.
* has won over 2400m or more in the last six months (since May) AND is carrying 4kgs or more under what they would be carrying at Weight For Age.
But leave out any runner who:
* is carrying 59kgs or more.
* ran in a previous Melbourne Cup in any year but finished more than 4 lengths behind the winner.
* has failed to run a place in two or more starts at 3200m or beyond.
* is aged over 7 years.