A new thread Joe, but a different mindset.
Tonight it looks like 73:73 with one Green and 3 rural independents. So Labor are deal-takers, not makers. If Labor came to me as an independent, I would ask them for:
- dental to be on Medicare, like-for-like. If you get gum disease, next you get pulmonary disease. High time for this to be addressed
- no ETS or CPRS in this term of the parliament
- no mining tax in this term of the parliament
- maintenance of the private health insurance rebate in existing form, private and public sector health, complementing each other
- fibre optic broadband to be about delivery to regional nodes (eg in NSW: Tamworth, Dubbo, Wagga) as the first priority, with wireless delivery to remote settlements as a parallel process
- a (truly) independent analysis of the ETS/CPRS, and broadband delivery, during this term of the parliament