WCN - White Cliff Minerals - Aussie Stock Forums

Post WCN - White Cliff Minerals

White Cliff Nickel Limited (WCN) is a nickel exploration company with the projects located in Western Australia.

Default Re: WCN - White Cliff Nickel

Given recent Gold and Copper prices I'm surprised I haven't seen more interest here!

From an announcement yesterday:

White Cliff Nickel (ASX: WCN) has reported that channel sampling across the first bulldozer trench completed at Chanach has identified a zone of copper mineralisation with a high grade core of 28 metres at 1.02% copper within a mineralised halo of 45 metres at 0.94% Copper, including a peak channel sample value of 3.24% copper.

The Chanach Gold Copper Project consists of 93 square kilometres and is located in the Kyrgyz Republic, 350km west-southwest of the capital city of Bishkek.

In addition to the "outstanding" result in the first trench, extensive copper alteration zones have been identified in bulldozer trenches over a 450m distance rock chip sampling has identified high grade gold and copper results up to 26 g/t gold and 6.1% copper.

I also covered WCN in a post on my blog last night:
    You could be forgiven for wondering why I would be covering a nickel company on a blog about Gold & Silver stocks! However, if you look further than the name it is soon obvious that WCN is much more than just a nickel explorer.
    Continues at: http://bullionbaron.blogspot.com/

Default Re: WCN - White Cliff Nickel

Yesterday's announcement followed up by yet another today:

White Cliff Nickel identifies further copper zones at Chanach
    White Cliff Nickel (ASX: WCN) has discovered more zones of copper mineralisation from channel sampling of the second bulldozer trench completed at the Chanach Gold Copper Project located in the Kyrgyz Republic adding to previous results from the first trench.

On 27th September the company announced a copper rich zone containing a high grade core of 28 metres at 1.02% copper within 45 metres at 0.94% copper including a peak channel sample value of 3.24% copper.

Today's results include:

- 27 metres at 1.23% copper within 40 metres at 1.08% copper;
    - 8 metres at 1.01% copper within 39 metres at 0.55% copper; and
    - 3 metres at 1.12% copper within 24 metres at 0.65% copper.

The new copper rich zones are also surrounded by wide alteration halos of weaker copper mineralisation.

Will be interesting to see if the RC drilling program hits some similar grades at depth...
    www.bullionbaron.com <- My blog on Gold, Silver, Stocks and Property

Make the drill work for YOU springhill's Avatar
    Mental Institution

Default Re: WCN - White Cliff Minerals

Market Cap - $1.6M
    SP - 2.5c
    Shares - 67.2M
    Options - 5.8M
    Cash (31 Mar 2012) - $1M

Todd Hibberd
    Michael Langoulant
    Rodd Boland

Major Shareholders
    Thorney Fund 3%
    Directors and Founders 30%
    Top Twenty 43%

2012 Exploration Program
    Planned exploration for 2012 includes extensive multi-element soil and rock sampling over the south-eastern parts of the license over the interpreted core of the porphyry system in conjunction with a ground or helicopter borne magnetic survey followed by scout drilling of the identified targets.
    Exploration will also continue on the Central Chanach copper-gold deposit where drilling will focus on extending and expanding the zone of supergene oxide copper mineralisation and investigating the high (~2% copper) rock chip samples located on the magnetite skarn contact.

Chanach Copper-Gold Project (45%):
    The project is located in the Kyrgyz Republic 350km west-southwest of the capital city of Bishkek and covers 83 square kilometres. The Chanach project is located in the western part of the Tien Shan Belt, a highly mineralised zone that extending for over 2500 km, from western Uzbekistan, through Tajikistan, Kyrgyz Republic and southern Kazakhstan to western China. Mineralisation occurs as porphyry and epithermal systems developed within magmatic arcs, and orogenic type gold deposits that are structurally controlled. Major deposits located within 100km of Chanach contain up to 93 million ounces of gold and 25 million tonnes of copper. Initial work indicates that the project may host porphyry and skarn style gold and copper mineralisation. Drilling during 2010 and 2011 has identified extensive copper-gold porphyry mineralisation with copper values of up to 2.1%.

Laverton Gold Prospect (100%)
    The project consists of 1200 square kilometres of tenement applications in the Laverton and Merolia Greenstone belts. The core prospects are Kelly Well and Eight Mile Well located 20km southwest of Laverton in the core of the structurally complex Laverton Tectonic zone immediately north of the Granny Smith Gold Mine (3 MOz) and 7 kilometres north of the Wallaby Gold Mine (7MOz). In addition, applications are pending over a large part of the Merolia Greenstone belt immediately around the historic (1.5MOz) Barnicoat gold mine southwest of Laverton.

Mount Remarkable Project (100%):
    The project covers 266 square kilometres and is located approximately 170 km N-NE of Kalgoorlie and about 25 km SE of Kookynie in the Northern Goldfields. Included in the project area are the historic gold mining centres of Mt Remarkable and Yerilla which consists of several old workings. Major gold mines in the surrounding area include Sons of Gwalia, Tarmoola, Carosue Dam, Granny Smith, Wallaby and Sunrise Dam. The project includes several areas adjacent to and along strike from existing nickel deposits at Aublis, Yerilla and Boyce Creek. These deposits form Heron Resources Yerilla Nickel Project which contains 135 Mt @ 0.77% Nickel and 0.05% Cobalt.

Lake Johnston Project (100%):
    The project covers over 650 square kilometres in the Lake Johnson Greenstone Belt, which contains the Emily Ann and Maggie Hayes nickel sulphide deposits. These mines have a total resource of approximately 140,000 tonnes of contained nickel. The project area was previously held by Norilsk and has excellent prospectivity for both komatiite associated nickel sulphides and amphibolite facies high-grade gold mineralisation.

Ghan Well Project (100%):
    The project covers an area of 83km2 located approximately 40km South-West of Laverton. The project is centred on a 6km long nickeliferous ultramafic unit. Minara Resources is currently mining from the Murrin East Pit along strike from the Company’s recent drilling. The cumulate textures observed in the ultramafic unit suggest the unit is prospective for Nickel sulphide mineralisation at depth.
    Attached Images
    "You have enemies? Good. That means that you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" - Winston Churchill

i had a holding in this company a couple of years ago,sold it with many other small caps i had at the time
    as everyone went scrambling for blue chips and high dividends.

the SP has been very lacklustre for a long period ,hopefully they will find something to dig up with this extension
    from the Kyrgyz goverment till dec.2015

What happened today!!

Quote Originally Posted by pavilion103 View Post
    What happened today!!
    After 4 years of your posting I am asking the same today 17 Oct 2016- what happened today? The gold assay has returned very poor than market expectation so the share price has dived down. Phillip Porter recommended it but they are only speculators
    Miner :
    All sellers are inevitably, and by the meaning of the word, buyers so DYOR .