Quantcast MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering - Aussie Stock Forums - Page 2

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 463
  1. #21

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Hi Everyone

    I like Matrix too and have bought in a few times at 4.00 initially and then again at 5.00.

    There is also an article about oil prices going up a fair bit in the new future that shouldn't hurt its prospects.

    I also like Forge FGE boought in at 2.32, 3.00 and 3.80. I was wondering what you guys get as next years valuation for FGE as I was thinking of having another go at it.

  2. #22

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Hi IV

    Better off asking about Intrinsic Value on the FGE board, i don't know enough about the company and having a quick squiz at their board, they have done a few calculations themselves.

  3. #23

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Another top day for MCE, sp up 3.66%, can't wait for Henderson to be finished and the orders to flow in.
    If a bargain cannot be obtained today, the market will open again tomorrow offering you a fresh new opportunity and a new price.

  4. #24

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Does anyone know why MCE went up yesterday (14th Dec)? Did a broker change their forecasts? Either way, I'm a happy holder!

    robusta - at their current revenue for the previous quarter, they should double revenue for 2011 without Henderson (impressive). With Henderson, I don't know but I would expect it to be more than double! I was just thinking yesterday "this is one hot stock".

    Funnily enough I was giving some advice to a friend on the 16/11/2010 saying "Buy MCE, I would suggest you put an order in for $5.00". The next day, that order would have gone through. His return would have been 18.8% in one month. Of course, he didn't take my advice

  5. #25

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    I had my second go at Matrix at 5 dollars and 4 dollars for the first go.

    I checked Roger Montgomery's valuation for Matrix and he has it around 6 dollars which is just about where it is now.

    I suppose the question is should we buy more at the current prices or wait for a pullback if there is one?

  6. #26

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic Value View Post
    I had my second go at Matrix at 5 dollars and 4 dollars for the first go.

    I checked Roger Montgomery's valuation for Matrix and he has it around 6 dollars which is just about where it is now.

    I suppose the question is should we buy more at the current prices or wait for a pullback if there is one?
    Heh, the answer to that question (in hindsight) was to buy more at $6. They are now at $6.50! I think it is now too expensive to buy but that doesn't mean I will sell either.

    Holding on happy and tight!

  7. #27

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by drlog View Post
    Heh, the answer to that question (in hindsight) was to buy more at $6. They are now at $6.50! I think it is now too expensive to buy but that doesn't mean I will sell either.

    Holding on happy and tight!
    You should get your chance buy after its pull back over the last couple of days.

  8. #28

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    big drop yesterday - assuming a lot of ppl are taking their profits.

    I'm set to pick up a few more if it drops about 30c, that may be a little optimistic but i'm not too desperate, almost got enough and not much cash that isnt tied up.

  9. #29

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
    big drop yesterday - assuming a lot of ppl are taking their profits.

    I'm set to pick up a few more if it drops about 30c, that may be a little optimistic but i'm not too desperate, almost got enough and not much cash that isnt tied up.
    Hope you did pick up some more as they have bounced back to 6.90 today.

  10. #30

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    It has hit a high of $7.18 today. As far as I can tell, there are two stories that may cause this:

    - BP and a bunch of other companies will be drilling for oil in Australia (Matrix is the obvious supplier for them).

    - OPEC has announced that they expect increased demand for oil this year.

    Any other thoughts?

  11. #31

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by drlog View Post
    It has hit a high of $7.18 today. As far as I can tell, there are two stories that may cause this:

    - BP and a bunch of other companies will be drilling for oil in Australia (Matrix is the obvious supplier for them).

    - OPEC has announced that they expect increased demand for oil this year.

    Any other thoughts?
    To be honest, it could be a result of these things...but we can't ever really know.

    In order to know why it went up you would need to ask every person why they bought their shares today.
    For every person that bought shares, there was someone disagreeing by providing their shares for sale.

    In my honest opinion, a stock like matrix can move up and down so quickly for 2 reasons.
    The first is because for a long time it has been largely undervalued which means that sudden upswings have been quite common.
    The second being sharp short term corrections which seem to be caused by the 'herds' taking profits when they think the stock has risen too high too fast.

    This stock is finally beginning to approach its IV, but with such bright prospects in the short and long term future (henderson facility & oil price) the IV should be inclined to rise quite quickly.

    Note: I own MCE.

  12. #32

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Up a bit over 5% today with latest investor update.

    http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/c...=MCE#headlines

    As my second largest holding (29.5%) of portfolo happy days
    If a bargain cannot be obtained today, the market will open again tomorrow offering you a fresh new opportunity and a new price.

  13. #33

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    I got out around the $6.90 mark and took my profits, I was up 40%. I had hoped it was going to pull back to the $6.20 - $6.40 so I could get back in. Unfortunately for me Matrix just keeps powering ahead.

  14. #34
    Pocket Calculator Operator tinhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    937

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by fanger View Post
    I got out around the $6.90 mark and took my profits, I was up 40%. I had hoped it was going to pull back to the $6.20 - $6.40 so I could get back in. Unfortunately for me Matrix just keeps powering ahead.
    Mate do yourself a favour and read the H1 2011 report. I took profit in December. I got cold feet and wanted to take some money out of the market before Christmas as I am in the middle of a building project. Then I got spooked mid January and sold the remainder. I then had a think about the fact that I had just sold my most profitable stock of 2010 and went back over the balance sheet, MCEs market announcements and crunched some numbers and decided I was mad not to be in this stock. I bought back into MCE and paid 6% more than what I had sold for.

    H1 2011 NPBT is about the same as for 2010 full year result with H1 2011 sales at $92M compared to full year 2010 revenue of $102M. Order book is at $180M.

    I'll probably buy some more MCE. I'll crunch the latest numbers and recalculate my intrinsic value for this little gem.

  15. #35

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    I know MCE is a great stock but I needed the money for other things so I took my profit.

  16. #36

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Are there any competitors listed on the asx in the buoyancy business.

  17. #37

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by notabclearning View Post
    Are there any competitors listed on the asx in the buoyancy business.
    I think there are only 3 companies in the world that do what Matrix does.I don't think the other 2 are listed on the ASX.

  18. #38

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Does anyone know when MCE's half year report is due to come out? I can't find a calendar on their website.

    The share price currently has a rocket under it (or perhaps I should use a buoyancy analogy? )

    Anyway, I keep looking at the price and wonder if there has been an announcement - nope, not yet.

    It's up 7% today! Surely they deserve an ASX speeding ticket?

  19. #39

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by drlog View Post
    Does anyone know when MCE's half year report is due to come out? I can't find a calendar on their website.

    The share price currently has a rocket under it (or perhaps I should use a buoyancy analogy? )

    Anyway, I keep looking at the price and wonder if there has been an announcement - nope, not yet.

    It's up 7% today! Surely they deserve an ASX speeding ticket?
    Not sure either on the reporting date..i tried morningstar but cudnt find it their either.

    The price rise is simply due to me topping up with copious amounts

    Jokes aside, a massive gain on no news is a little wierd - but as holders who can complain!?

  20. #40

    Default Re: MCE - Matrix Composites & Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by ValueSnatcher View Post
    Not sure either on the reporting date..i tried morningstar but cudnt find it their either.

    The price rise is simply due to me topping up with copious amounts

    Jokes aside, a massive gain on no news is a little wierd - but as holders who can complain!?
    Yeah not sure what is going on with MCE but everytime I check the price it is going up.

Similar Threads

  1. ANG - Austin Engineering
    By Dabas in forum Stocks A-H
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 1st-March-2014, 02:20 AM
  2. Companies in engineering construction?
    By Austravel in forum ASX Stock Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 1st-December-2013, 08:16 PM
  3. MXD - Matrix Gold
    By Trader Paul in forum Stocks I-P
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th-February-2010, 12:38 PM
  4. MRX - Matrix Metals
    By Stan 101 in forum Stocks I-P
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 12th-November-2008, 04:45 PM
  5. Amibroker question regarding composites
    By 1angel2 in forum Software and Data
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23rd-May-2008, 06:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Aussie Stock Forums