Trillion Dollar bubble - Aussie Stock Forums

Default Trillion Dollar bubble

So last night in Wall street some fat fingered broker punched in a billion dollar sell instead of a million dollar deal and sent the Dow into freefall. Apparently this was a brief trillion dollar wipeout.

So I'm wondering just who lost their fortunes in that brief interval and which very lucky punters somehow picked up shares at very special prices ? Why would I not be surprised if someone like Golman sucks and co have their sticky fingers in this pie and come out with some very attractive bonuses ?

I don't know anything of course. Pure speculation. But I am wondering are there any protocols for reversing transactions when such a mistake is made ? Or is it just bad luck? Or would it matter just who made the profits and losses in the situation?

Any thoughts ?

The Bendigo gold fields, Victoria
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Trillion Dollar bubble

No further thoughts Basilio but my conspiratorial mind has been working overdrive pondering the same question through today.

But it has become normal proceedure now for Moodies to put out a fresh rating on Greece to divert attnetion from each US treasury auction; 27th was the last. So looks like any tactic is played when one is cornered.

A very dangerous game on now and would appear all may be revealed soon in market action; ie. the increased volatility across the markets, the currencies and commodities.