For all budding daytraders who wanted to make a living (NOT a killing), I recommend you trade Futures, preferrably stock index futures, like the SPI200, S&P emini, DJEuroStoxx50, FTSE, etc.
- Concentrate only on few markets, leaving extra time for other important things in your life.
- Big bang for your bucks - thats why its the daytraders bread&butter
- low capital requirements and low trading commissions.
- low research - dont have to know hundreds of companies
- difficult to trade at first because of volatility but you get used it once you know the trick when to enter and exit.
I've tried stocks (blue chips and penny dreadfuls), options, CFDs and Forex - they didnt gave me the kind of return and convenience of trading like Futures.