Quantcast Trading Pursuits - Aussie Stock Forums

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Trading Pursuits

Anyone got any views on their courses or who have done a course?

Default Re: Platinum Pursuits

Yeah, I went to one of their day trading seminars to learn about US options with a couple of mates. I didn't have the capital to start up but my mates bought the software and they are trading with a bit of success. It was interesting but nothing extraordinary.

*Bump*

Anyone with any insights?
    The Barbarian Investor

Price is What you pay- Value is what you get!

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian Investor
    *Bump*

Anyone with any insights?
    Their salemanship is Grade A

Their information is Grade D

Thanks Wayne
    The Barbarian Investor

Price is What you pay- Value is what you get!

I've just been lent one of their DVD sets, watched about the first hour so far. Things that immediately spring to mind:

Nothing is as easy as this guy is making out (so far anyway), where's the catch?

I have almost no experience trading shares yet, surely it's a bit of an ask that I'm supposed to walk away from my TV after a few hours with a workable/profitable understanding of derivatives of any kind.

Can I trust anything said by someone with that haircut.

The one statement that did catch my interest was this:
    The best market to trade in Australia is the US market. You place your orders/stops while the market is closed, and you sleep while the market is open, therefore you are unlikely to be influenced by emotion/reaction.

That actually made sense to me, but is it practical?
    I don't know Jack - except Daniels that is!

Any feedback? PP deals with CFD's and its leverage? He has courses next weekend but is it worth 3.5k?

Quote Originally Posted by ryoohki View Post
    Any feedback? PP deals with CFD's and its leverage? He has courses next weekend but is it worth 3.5k?
    Nope, unless you want to observe marketing and NLP etc at work, but 3.5k is too much when you can observe it in marketing various products every day.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneL View Post
    Nope, unless you want to observe marketing and NLP etc at work, but 3.5k is too much when you can observe it in marketing various products every day.
    wayneL, NLP......Is that Neuro Linguistic Programming?

Quote Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
    wayneL, NLP......Is that Neuro Linguistic Programming?
    Yep.

Anyone had good experiences with PP's cfd trading strategies?

Some people make money playing roulette.

Default Platinum Pursuits course - good or bad?

Hi All,
    I just wanted to know if anyone has attended the Platinum Pursuits 3 days course. Is it good vaule for $?

Default Re: Platinum Pursuits course - good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Hi All,
    I just wanted to know if anyone has attended the Platinum Pursuits 3 days course. Is it good vaule for $?
    For what you pay, it is very poor value.

Buy "Options as a Strategic Investment" for ~$100. It will teach you far more than PP and let you see if options trading is for you.

white swans need love too Timmy's Avatar

Default Re: Platinum Pursuits course - good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by wayneL View Post
    For what you pay, it is very poor value.

Buy "Options as a Strategic Investment" for ~$100. It will teach you far more than PP and let you see if options trading is for you.
    It is easy to assess if it good value for money, request the trading results of the instructors and the graduates, the actual brokerage accounts, audited if possible.

To save time just do what wayneL said.

"The New Options Advantage: is also very good, bit old now but the principles don't change.
    Last edited by Timmy; 22nd-October-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: typo

I've dealt with Platinum Pursuits and Daniel Kertcher about 4 years ago and bought his 'writing covered calls program'. This course, and his other Option Trading Courses which I obtained later through a friend are just regurgitated material being re-packaged and sold for thousands of dollars to the unwary.

But the real dangers lie in the trading strategies he presents, all which proved to be bogus and lost us money.

For anyone out there, expecially the newbies, please, please be careful dealing with any company that promises to teach you how to make money in the stockmarket, for an upfront fee. There are many others to stay away from that I wish I could name here.

My advice to anyone wanting to learn what it takes to succeed trading the stockmarket is to save your money for trading, and read a handful of books by reputable authors. You may want to start with Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, by Edwin Le Fevre, and How I made 2 Million Dollars in the Stockmarket by the master himself, Nicolas Darvas.

Alternatively, visit Google.com for sharesmadeeasy. A free trader's blog that may just show you what others charge 1000's of dollars for.

Default Platinum Pursuits - Daniel Kertcher

Hi,

I was wondering if any members have either been to one of his 3 day seminar on CFD's or even use his CFD strategy where he also has Put option used as a capital protection?

Hi,

I was wondering if any members have either been to one of his 3 day seminar on CFD's or even use his CFD strategy where he also has Put option used as a capital protection?

Yeah anyone got an opinion on this?

You are arguing with a Galah IFocus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evilslug View Post
    Hi,

Yeah anyone got an opinion on this?
    My opinion is that the seminars are un-believably over priced and after completion you are very unlikely to make consistent profits in the market but you will how ever feel really good after completing the seminar.

Ideally if you want an education in markets find some one who has actually traded full time for 15 plus years

Also do a Google for DK of PP

Thumbs up Platinum Pursuits

G'Day Everyone,

I have recently registered for Platinum Pursuits 3 day seminar to learn Options/CFDs/Covered Calls etc. I have never traded shares in my life and was motivated to attend the course after 2 hour marketing seminar by Daniel Kertcher.

Has anybody in this forum attend this course and can share their experience. I have paid AUD 6,990 and it comes with 100% money back guarantee. Is it really worth it?

I will really appreciate your response as the course starts tomorrow ie 8th Nov 2008.

Thanks, Anshul