Merry Christmas everyone!
With 2009 rapidly drawing to a close, it's time to start thinking about your entry for the January 2010 stock tipping competition!
The competition leader this month is prozac, whose selection RRS has achieved a 43.59% return so far during December. Jonojpsg is currently in second place with IFE, sitting on a 19.05% gain, and rounding out the top three this month is happytown whose pick ACS has delivered a 14.29% increase in price over the course of the month.
The stock tipping competition this month is once again proudly sponsored by Stator-AFM. Stator-AFM is portfolio management software designed to give you total control over all your trading activities. Stator enables you to measure and understand every aspect of your financial returns. If you are a casual investor or serious trader, Stator is essential portfolio management software for anyone with exposure to the financial markets. From risk management to tax planning, Stator has it all. Be sure to pay them a visit and see how it can benefit you!
A quick recap of the rules for those not familiar with them:
1. You MUST have at least a minimum of 10 posts AND an average of at least 0.30 posts per day to enter. You can see your posts per day average by clicking on your user name and viewing your public profile... your average is displayed right next to your 'total posts'.
2. Each entrant may choose one ASX listed stock. Options, warrants and deferred settlement shares are not permitted.
3. Stocks with a price of less than $0.01 are ineligible for the competition, as are stocks that are currently suspended from trading.
4. The winner is the entrant whose selected stock performs the best in percentage terms between January 1 and January 31.
5. The maximum number of entrants in the competition is 100.
The winner will receive a year's subscription to their choice of either AFR Smart Investor, Money or Your Trading Edge magazine... OR a $75 gift voucher to be spent at the ASF Investment Shop (or $50 cash if you prefer). The second placegetter will receive the runner up prize of $25 cash.
You have until midnight on Thursday, December 31 to enter.
Those who qualify, please post your entries in this thread. Remember, once you have selected your stock, you CANNOT change it for any reason. Also, you must be qualified when you enter.
Every month we have some members who do not qualify for the competition but enter anyway. If someone who has selected a stock hasn't yet qualified for the competition, their stock is officially up for grabs! Just mention it when you post your entry.
Best of luck to all entrants!