Are you an EMO trader? - Aussie Stock Forums

Default Are you an EMO trader?

If you are, never fear, the Dutch brains behind ABN and Philips have gotten together and found the answer.

Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) and the Dialogues Incubator, an initiative by ABN AMRO, are pleased to announce the ‘Rationalizer’ concept, an emotion sensing system targeted at serious home investors who trade online. It acts as an 'emotion mirror' in which the intensity of the user’s feelings is reflected. Research shows that home investors do not act purely rationally: their behavior is influenced by emotions, most notably fear and greed, which can compromise their ability to take an objective, factual stance.

Default Re: Are you an EMO trader?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    If you are, never fear, the Dutch brains behind ABN and Philips have gotten together and found the answer.

At first I lol'd at the title, but then I read it and it would seem pretty useful.
    I believe effort to be a finite resource. Something to be used only when there are no other options available.

white swans need love too Timmy's Avatar
    Between the lines

Default Re: Are you an EMO trader?

I saw it on an FT blog (http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2009...resenting-emo/), which went into a long description of it etc and then concluded:

So, basically it measures sweat.

Actually, I can see applications for it. I posted a while back on the Iowa Gambling Study and wondered about its implications for traders, but no discussion ensued ....
    The contents of this post were tested, ruthlessly, on small, cute, furry animals. Most of them were fatally harmed. Hence, if this post causes irritation, please discontinue reading immediately.