Im surprised this hasn't been thrown up as a topic for discussion...
This is Gaddafi's attempt to come in from the cold.
1. Pressures for release of and then publically embraces a convicted terrorist
2. Pitches a tent to sleep in in the middle of New York city.
3. Moans about jet lag and waking up at crack of dawn to get ready for a UN speech. He then address the dips directly, "All of you are asleep! All of you are tired! Why all this tiredness?"
4. Speech goes for 94 minutes rather than his 15 minutes entitlement
5. Rips up a UN rule book
6. Accusses the Security Council of being like a terrorist organisation
7. Calls for $7.7 trillion in compensation for Africa for the horrors of colonialism.
8. Brings up the old chestnut - who killed JFK?
9. Suggested that swine flu was created in a military labratory.
10. Said that UN delegates were no better than the speakers at Hyde Park corner
Geeessshh, talk about how to win friends and influence people.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...dafi-un-speech There is a video at that link so you can watch him embarrass himself.
Some Times journalist is making excuses for this ludicrous behaviour saying, "Although the speech might sound strange or maybe slightly disjointed to a Western audience, it might not seem that way if you are sitting in Africa or the Middle East." ... but he does not qualify that at all.