Some of you might like to have a go at answering these questions. I have the answers.
1. Select two words that are synonyms, plus an antonym of these two
synonyms, from the list of words below.
choke, force, thrive, toil, wither, burgeon, strive
2. 19, 20, 21, ? ? 26, 28, 32, 33, 40
Which two numbers should replace the question marks?
3. One word has been removed from the passage above. Select that word
from the choice below and reinstate it into its correct place in the
The institution houses collections of objects of artistic, historic and
scientific interest, and displayed for the edification and enjoyment of the
huge permanent produced conserved priceless accumulated
4. Which is the odd one out?
congregation, dispersion, compilation, convocation, aggregation
5. Which number is the odd one out?
84129 32418 47632 36119 67626 72927
6. Identify two words (one from each set of brackets) that form a
connection (analogy), thereby relating to the words in capitals in the
CAT (lash, parade, feline, whiskers)
SLEEP (somnambulate, night, bed, Morpheus)
7. Which word in brackets is closest in meaning to the word in capitals?
FLIPPANT (obverse, irreverent, feeble, candid, facile)
More if someone can solve the above.