Just to hand on Sky News
Just to hand on Sky News
New Zealand more than FNQ, Mr gg
Tsunami warning for east coast of Australia
Good news Suncorp Insurance offer Tsunami coverage with a $300 excess. If you can find their office after it hits..maybe Birsdville CBD..?
i am currently sitting on a 40ft ex cray boat moored around 150metres off denham jetty ( shark bay WA)
1. should i feed out a longer mooring line ?
2. quickly paddle over to the shark bay hotel and grab more bourbon and ice
and hope i get back in time before the sea rises ?
3 drink what ive got left and throw out a line and hope any rise in sea level helps produce a trophy quality fish ?
4. paddle back to shore whilst still partly sober , climb on roof of shark bay hotel with a bottle of bourbon and sing sea shantys?
5, should i wake up fella that owns the boat and let him worry about it instead ?
6) I reckon that you should paddle over to the Shark Bay pub and buy ALL the grog they have, paddle back to boat, wake up fella who owns boat, slip the mooring line, chug slowly towards horizon line until great wall of flying foam hits the wheelhouse. Keep drinking all the way and sing sea shanty's until wave subsides. Turn boat around back to shore and pick up survivors (if any)
6b) I reckon that you should beach ya boat out front of the Shark Bay pub, scream tsunami and take ALL the grog they have back to boat.
Wake up fella who owns boat when water level falls before tsunami, tell fella who owns boat to hand you up as many of those trophy sized fish as possible laying there on the sand.
Full steam ahead as water hits, cutting mooring line after great wall of flying foam hits the wheelhouse.
Keep drinking all the way and sing sea shanty's until ya far out to sea with ya free boat, as much grog and fish as ya could imagine.
Good thing ya close to NZ
7. Go for a swim - see how far you can swim away from the boat?
Just kidding, I'm jealous
Warning cancelled now i think.
But yep a big earthquake in Fiordland NZ. 7.8 on the Richter making it NZ's 2= largest earthquake ever. Lucky it was centred in a remote uninhabited area because its the same size as the chinese 2008 quake that killed 68000 people.
Still managed to knock out power for 100kms from centre.
"Saigon.....sh*t..... I'm still only in Saigon" - Capt. Willard
Unfortunately for 71,324 sheep in the neighbouring paddock, they did not stand a chance. Mutton anyone?
Oh come on lads, let me play. I promise from now on i'll play nice ok.
While ago read about highest tsunami wave and it was something like 1600 metres or bit more.
Cause was quite unnerving too; it was collapsed side of the porous volcanic mountain close to the ocean, actually on the shore. Crater was saturated with rain, porous rock eventually gave in and way it went.
There were also some comments on current on sites capable of the same final result maybe not as catastrophic, but even 5 or 10 metres wave can wipe out big portion of Earth's population.
Something like that happening might make shock waves in coastal property prices, but this belongs to another thread "property prices dropping" or similar.