COV - Corvette Resources - Aussie Stock Forums

Default COV - Corvette Resources

We might as well acknowledge Corvette's existence before it disappears, eh?

CFE, having received 19.99% of COV just recently, have stated they will make an all-scrip takeover offer. There are no details yet on the offer, but surely this must be a guaranteed winner for Corvette shareholders? COV has been rising gently over the past couple of months, so the takeover must surely include a premium.

Default Re: COV - Corvette Resources

Or not! The takeover will value COV shares at 14c, which is above today's close, but below yesterday's close. Looks like CFE is aiming for a bargain. However, as most COV shareholders haven't been prepared to sell at 14.5c or 15c cash on-market, a 14c scrip offer seems wildly optimistic to me.

Seems like I'm talking to myself, but, what the hell: COV at 26.5c, up 29% for the day.

Is nobody else interested?

I have been reading up slightly on these and have more of an interested based on CFE. which I believe as of 14/09/2009 controlled 46.52% of COV..

Assuming this merger proceeds I would only assume that it can only go ahead with the nod of approval by CFE.. being a majority share holder.
    Now recently CFE applied for a takeover bid for COV would it be in there best interest for the Merge, Diluting there current control on the combined company.

And also which one do people believe is in the best interest of COV the merger or the take over, or neither..