My views on Business Property and in regard to this topic of Trading are I have found more radical than most.
My own view is that a very high ratio of wealth accumulators will operate within their comfort zone---which is a great deal lower than even they expect. Warm and fuzzy is good but you wont see EXCEPTIONAL results.
EXCEPTIONAL results only show themselves when there is EXCEPTIONAL thinking.
(1) We had a 7 yrs bull run and while many took advantage of it many have lost any advantage they had accumulated. Many simply watched!
(2) We had a 7 yr property boom and while many picked up "A" single investment property few took advantage of this EXCEPTIONAL opportunity in an EXCEPTIONAL WAY. Many simply watched
(3) We have seen an EXCEPTIONAL down turn well documented and shifting indexes by 40-50% but few have taken advantage of it. Many simply watched.
(4) We have seen OIL trade from $25 a barrel to $140 a barrel and back to $50 a barrel Many simply watched.
(5) We have seen gold traded from $270 an ounce to $1000 an ounce and many simply watched.
(6) We have seen the AUD trade from 50c to 90c and we pretty well watched.
I too have been one who has watched SOME of those events but those I have taken part in--in an EXCEPTIONAL way have changed my life's direction!
Pyramiding is one of those strategies which can SET YOU UP for EXCEPTIONAL results.
Once risk is understood (Its minimisation and in many cases eradication) it should release everyone from the burden of FEAR.
It is EXCEPTIONAL thinking and implementation which I'd like to see discussed in a practical sense.
(1) In front of the train
(2) On the train.
(3) Fueling the train.
(4) Maintaining and or leaving the train.