Software choices - Aussie Stock Forums

Cool Software choices

I've been browsing the forum all afternoon and now am completely confused about the different choices. So I am posting with what I was using, as well as hopefully my wish list for software. If there are websites that will fill my needs - I'm open to that too.

For the last 4 years I've been using MS Money Deluxe. Quite good, lots of analysis tools built in. I was able to click on any of the share symbols in my portfolio to go straight to a customisable chart. The financial data was able in the same area. MS money also provided annualised returns, daily changes of the portfolio, profit/loss that included dividends & reinvestments, dividend yield. As of 30 June 2009 (2 weeks) all updates are ceasing as the software is defunct.

I am a long term investor, not many trades. I do want to research shares, looking at both fundamentals & technical data. I want to be able to enter all stock transactions - buy, sell, divs, re-investments.

I have looked at trials for: stator, topshare, hubb investor. They don't look like what I'm trying to find unless I'm missing something drastic. Portfolio manager won't run on 64bit systems

Any solutions/ideas?

Default Re: Software choices

Steadily going through the trial versions I've downloaded. I am going to enter a minimum amount of transactions in each one to try and find the right one.

Even bought Quicken personal plus.

No Comments?

white swans need love too Timmy's Avatar
    Between the lines

Hi Margo - I guess the 'fundamental analyst' crowd are not as keen on software as the tech analysis crowd.

There is software I know of with fundamental data, such as Sherpa, from Hubb (but I don't know if it exists/is supported anymore) and StockVal. Sherpa will do fundamentals and charts, StockVal I don't know.

There is another one, name slips my mind at the moment but I am sure some of the fundy people will come up some more this evening.
    The contents of this post were tested, ruthlessly, on small, cute, furry animals. Most of them were fatally harmed. Hence, if this post causes irritation, please discontinue reading immediately.

Thank you I'll keep looking around.