1. Ever punching your arms up in delight it means time to sell.
2. One thing a falling share price tells you, its not buy me, if something falls in price everyone wants to buy it. What’s with this culture? It should be sell me not buy more. Stocks fall three times more then it rises, loses have three times more of an effect on you then wins.
3. Stock markets rise slowly and fall quickly. You need the confidence to make the decisions quickly.
4. Humans take a long time to get the message. Investors take a long time to get the message. Cautious at the bottom of the market and risk takers at the top, investors are not wired to be successful; we take too long to get the message, always behind the curb.
5. No one ever tells you to sell. Best stocks in a bear market are CASH, that’s it. Finance industry is a marketing machine, designed to suck you in and not to let you in. Very difficult to get out! The sell decision has to be yours, no one else will tell you to. Next bear market, you have to make this decision for yourself.
6. “No one knows”. The only person that knew what was going to happen was Karl Marx, he went short 100 years ago and went bankrupt, and timing is everything! Investment comes with risk, it’s not safe, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
7. Buy and hold breads inaction and denial. You can’t make a decision on today’s info to make a projection for 20 years in the future, its arrogance and blindly stupid. This is what caused people to lose 50% of their capital over the past 18 months. You can’t tell me that you wouldn’t be in a better position if you sold 12 months ago. We are not Warren Buffett. Buy and hold was never alive, its weakness was covered by a massive bull market. Now this is over and even he is losing money and getting slaughtered.” If you never sell it means you’ve never suffered a loss”, who ever said that is an idiot.