<*C * R * R * E * E * E * A * K * K> (sound of rusty hinges as an ancient thread re-opens....small dust eddys form around the keyboard.... a musty smell emerges from the darker recesses of the monitor........somewhere in the distance, a dog howls.....whats that noise outside the window? Whats that shadow on your blind?)
OK Ive resurrected this old thread to see what changes have occurred out the in the past few years.
I've recently started trading for a living from home. Im in a major eastern states City in Australia. I have this deep rooted terror of losing my internet connection at a critical moment in trading and not being able to close off a vulnerable position, set a stop loss after placing a big order, or getting cut off halfway through legging into a multiple position hedged options strategy, leaving myself lying there naked (like a body in a tomb....Anyone picked up on my musical tastes yet? Prize to the first correct answer....
- Who would be the most reliable internet provider? Currently Im on TLS broadband cable.
- Is it worth investing in a redundant internet connection?
- Is Satellite worth it or is it still too dodgy?
- If so, what are the most appropriate options?
- Am I just being paranoid?