Certainly, if the generally accepted consensus proves correct, and the current global downturn turns out to be no more than a pause (albeit a harsh and perhaps lengthy one) to the developmental plans of many emerging countries, particularly China, then the implication of the current round of mining closures is that metals prices will eventually increase and perhaps surmount their record highs.
This was from a metals analysis report. Now if this does eventuate, what instrument(s), futures, warrents, cfd's etc and which provider can I/we take advantage of this probability? The criteria would be -
- Long term 'investment' 2-3 yrs
- Flexibility in opening & closing the position, ie preferably via online platform
- Security of provider & funds on deposit
- Minimal holding costs ie long interest
- or, leveraged ie on margin,
- not have to continually roll over the position at expiry if in profitBasically, what would be the best way for leveraged direct exposure into the possible upside to a second commodities bull, from a perspective of buying now & selling in 2-3 years time? Avoiding equities as even the existance of some companies may be in doubt 2-3 years from now ie avoid equities, have direct exposure to long term commodities prices?