Since we use a computer to make money (and post), what tips do you have to keep the thing running smoothly?
Guy I know loses money sometimes all too often 'cos the computer crashes, freezes, sticks, slows to a crawl etc.
I don't have a mac, so I'll offer 10 PC tips:
1. No startup programs, no browser toolbars, as little as possible in the system tray, nothing permanently on the desktop
2. Threatfire and Malwarebytes - trash all the other security/antivirus apps
3. If you use a machine to make money, use another to play with
4. Don't run Registry Cleaners except, if you must, Glary Utilities and ccleaner (definitely don't ever use or run RegCure)
5. No Norton anything anywhere
6. No Vista (it's a money making machine, right?)
7. Some will disagree, but I believe in Windows Update - except for non MS apps
8. You always need at least 15% of the hard drive empty for good performance
9. If you have a friend who can fix your problems but s/he is interstate, use Teamviewer to have him/her remotely get you out of trouble
10. Remember that data is almost always retrievable if you STOP and take it to a guy/gal who knows what he is doing.
That'll do - over to you...