I am doing abit of research before putting my hard earned cash up to find the best CFD/Forex platform out there. I was wondering if you could enlighten me on your experiences with your current CFD/Forex provider.
I am currently lookinig at CMC, IG, GFT, City Index, MFGlobal, First Prudential and Go Markets.
I am a technical analyst so I need a reliable, stable platform to perform all my analysis, I want all the usuall indicators with the option of creating my own down the track as well as a backtest function. I want to be able to alter every aspect of my charts, i.e. trendlines, fib ratios, background colour, candle stick colour and thickness, save layouts and templates etc.
What I am looking for is:
- uptime, stability, fast execution
- large range of technical analysis indicators
- drawing tools
- I want to be able to use a demo account first to trial these features
- ability to place trailling stops
- no $$ for platform and minimal data fees
- decent support
- online training tutorials and user manuals
- browser version (I want to trade at work, have a corporate firewall, no download of platform possible)
- mobile trading (I have a PDA)
- Flexible order types (I have done some of the SITM course I need to be able to place stop entries on all markets, Aus/International CFDs, Forex, Commodities, Index), ability to tie my orders to stop and profit taking orders.
If you could provide feedback I would really appreciate it. I will be updatinig this post over the next few weeks as I start talking to the various providers.
Thanks for you help.