Symonds or Watson? - Aussie Stock Forums

View Poll Results: Would you choose Andrew Symonds or Shane Watson??

14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Symonds

5 35.71%
  • Shane Watson

3 21.43%
  • Both

6 42.86%
  • Neither

0 0%

Default Symonds or Watson?

I'm interested to see what people think about the Symonds v Watson debate that is going on for the Australian team selection for the 1st Test against the Kiwis.

Feel free to justify your selection as well......

Default Re: Symonds or Watson.......

I've kicked it off and voted for both.

I believe we need more bowling options than we have needed in the past. Playing 3 recognised bowlers plus Watson is a recipe for disaster, but playing 3 bowlers plus Watson and Symonds can work. I would leave out Brett Lee assuming that Stuart Clark is fit again, and ask him to go and sort himself out before he comes back. I'd play both Johnson and Siddle, and leave out Krajza who is likely to be the subject of cricket trivia questions for some time. Mind you selectors won't do that - but I would!

Default Re: Symonds or Watson?

I voted Symonds for this series - he is a better batsman and allows Australia the option of a four-man pace attack on decks like the Gabba and WACA.

He is also the best fieldsman in the world.

id go with both and not play krezja. i think krezja will get carted back over here, look at his first class stats for an idea of how he will perform in aus.

bat watson at 6, symonds at 7 and haddin at 8.

in regards to the bowlers. id play lee, clark and siddle/bollinger. i still dont rate johnson even though he performed okay in india. he's never going to be a great quick until he learns to actually swing (or even seam) the ball. if we want a left armer in the team, go with bollinger, he deserves a shot imo.

Neither. Symonds has been terrible lately, Watson will get injured again. My vote is for Hodge....but I am Victorian