Quantcast Too good to be true - Aussie Stock Forums

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 90
  1. #1

    Default Too good to be true

    I have been offered shares in acompany called **** ****** with some fantastic returns promissed.To good to be true or the deal of a lifetime?Any input from you guys would be appreciated. Cheers Stefan

  2. #2

    Default Re: To good to be true

    Post your phone number. I've got an even better deal I can text you.

  3. #3

    Default Re: To good to be true

    Quote Originally Posted by stefan1 View Post
    I have been offered shares in acompany called **** ****** with some fantastic returns promissed.To good to be true or the deal of a lifetime?Any input from you guys would be appreciated. Cheers Stefan
    There are some really cute 25 yr old Swedish honeys emailing me --- can't wait until one fies in to see me!
    You wouldn't believe it but I won 8 million in a free lottery in the UK. Got a text. Just gotta fill out a few forms and Helga and I won't have a thing to worry about.

    Decided to Honeymoon in Nigeria.
    The Countries Financial Administrator needs a hand getting 45 million $US out of the country.
    Only needs my bank account details and I get a quick 10 %

    Then just my luck
    I get around 30 emails a day from these guys who guarantee the stock they are in is going to rise in price 600 %
    so plan is to find the stock code with the most common code ---- often there are 10 different emails alerting me to the one stock--- and put a few $100k that I've got for doing very little into it. My family are set for life.
    Work---your kidding!

    Life is so so good.
    People are so so generous.
    The world just keeps getting better.
    ALL my friends are getting the same run of luck!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Too good to be true

    Better be quick mate, this deal won't last. I can get you in on the ground floor but only if you're quick.

  5. #5
    Off into the sunset Country Lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Fulltime travelling
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: To good to be true

    Quote Originally Posted by tech/a View Post
    ALL my friends are getting the same run of luck!
    What a coincidence, so are we, all our friends and even lots of people I have never even heard of.
    2013 - celebrating 30 years trading and just about getting the hang of it.

  6. #6

    Default

    Yeh, amazing opportunities out there...

    I've won the Irish lotto 4 or 5 times. Can't remember entering it but who cares. Haven't claimed it yet though, I might wait until I win it 10 times so that I save on postage.

  7. #7

    Default Re: To good to be true

    I know it sounds stupid but a friend of mine put in $50 k and want me to invest aswell.googled safe world and looks legit.Tried togoogle name+scam no bad reports coming up.Im from geraldton western australia and people around here invested more than 1million dollars ,I hope they didn't waste hard earned money.As for me I Pass on this one.I only wondered if anyone new of this company.Cheers Stefan
    Quote Originally Posted by tech/a View Post
    There are some really cute 25 yr old Swedish honeys emailing me --- can't wait until one fies in to see me!
    You wouldn't believe it but I won 8 million in a free lottery in the UK. Got a text. Just gotta fill out a few forms and Helga and I won't have a thing to worry about.

    Decided to Honeymoon in Nigeria.
    The Countries Financial Administrator needs a hand getting 45 million $US out of the country.
    Only needs my bank account details and I get a quick 10 %

    Then just my luck
    I get around 30 emails a day from these guys who guarantee the stock they are in is going to rise in price 600 %
    so plan is to find the stock code with the most common code ---- often there are 10 different emails alerting me to the one stock--- and put a few $100k that I've got for doing very little into it. My family are set for life.
    Work---your kidding!

    Life is so so good.
    People are so so generous.
    The world just keeps getting better.
    ALL my friends are getting the same run of luck!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Too good to be true

    Quote Originally Posted by pavilion103 View Post
    Yeh, amazing opportunities out there ...
    And Portugal, yes, ... they're in in it too!


    What's the Euro worth today?

  9. #9

    Default Re: To good to be true

    Quote Originally Posted by stefan1 View Post
    Im from geraldton western australia
    No you're not. I've tracked your IP address.

  10. #10

    Default Re: To good to be true

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringotts Bank View Post
    No you're not. I've tracked your IP address. Expect a knock on the door.
    I know where I live.Where do you live inLa La Land.

  11. #11

    Default

    This thread was never going to go well...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Too good to be true

    Quote Originally Posted by pavilion103 View Post
    This thread was never going to go well...
    Sorry everybody I didn't mean it to go this way.It was only a simple question maybee to save a lot of pain .I dont have anything to do with this company.My thoughts were maybee someone here knew something about this mob.I'm not investing with them,but if it is a scam and you knew about it ,you can warn people about it.Beacuse they still operating the investing thing here in town.We are talking about normal hard working people maybee getting burnt (some close friends)to me.Thanks Stefan

  13. #13

    Default Re: Too good to be true

    One look at their website was enough to convince me, Stephan1, if your friends are 'donating' their money to this scam they probably deserve to lose it. Harsh, but true.
    "I started with nothing, and I still have most of it"
    if you choose to take this post as advice its free, and you have been overcharged.

  14. #14
    The Contrarian Averager So_Cynical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sydney - Muntinlupa
    Posts
    5,479

    Default Re: Too good to be true

    P O N Z I

    Simples.
    Statistics: 139 Closed Trades since July 07, Winning Trades: 114, Losing Trades: 25, Expectancy/$1 Risked: $0.65

  15. #15

    Default Re: Too good to be true

    NEVER ... take investing advise from a friend or relative i.e my brother in law suggests we should blah blah blah.

    If you understand the company and know how it all works yourself so much that you can explain it well to someone then perhaps back yourself if you think it will do well, without anyone else in your ear saying it will. Otherwise, you are making a simple and fundamental mistake.

  16. #16
    Off into the sunset Country Lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Fulltime travelling
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: Too good to be true

    There is a simple adage which applies not only to shares and investment products.

    Know exactly what it is that you are buying.

    Cheers
    Country Lad
    2013 - celebrating 30 years trading and just about getting the hang of it.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Too good to be true

    Quote Originally Posted by Country Lad View Post
    There is a simple adage which applies not only to shares and investment products.

    Know exactly what it is that you are buying.

    Cheers
    Country Lad
    Well they know EXACTLY what they are selling
    And it's NOT a business.

    It's " FANTASTIC RETURNS "

    --- beautiful women--- untold riches ---- easy money.

    Common theme.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Too good to be true

    Quote Originally Posted by galumay View Post
    One look at their website was enough to convince me, Stephan1, if your friends are 'donating' their money to this scam they probably deserve to lose it. Harsh, but true.
    Thank's everyone for the help and advicespecial thanks to galumay for taking your time to look at their website.I looked at their web site ,But Im an old mechanic not a finance guru.To me and a lot of other people I"m sure it looked legit.that's why I put this post in here .If you dont mind me asking ,what stands out as a scam exept the huge returns.Thank's again cheers Stefan

  19. #19

    Default Re: Too good to be true

    The simple reason why you asked about it in here means you've already answered your last question .... you knew something dodge so that's why you asked.

    Your gut feeling is your biggest asset along with common sense. If it were so great many would be doing it ... and if everyone was doing it then, the value would be minimal.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Too good to be true

    Got bored on a Friday night so thought I'd entertain myself by googling **** ****** and alan metcalfe.
    Here are a couple of links including a 2008 youtube interview of Alan Metcalfe promising that Safe worlds IPTV will be released in a few months. 5 years later and you're still waiting?
    http://safeworlds.net/
    http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Alan-Metcalfe/521108298
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFypumMWuNo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRs940g1j1Y
    The youtube interview is in 2 parts - both as pointless as the other.
    Make up your owned informed decision - Universal Logic - seems to be the "secret" patented technology behind **** ****** IPTV. It's based on the Bible.
    I'm a Christian and I HATE it when these religious kooks start to use their beliefs to con people out of money. I won't get on my soapbox but I think you get the point. And yes - I think it is a scam. You will never see your money again.

Similar Threads

  1. Low rate mortgage lenders: Too good to be true?
    By MissMoneyPenny in forum General Investment and Economics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7th-February-2011, 12:11 PM
  2. "Too good to be true" investments...
    By Gundini in forum General Investment and Economics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 30th-July-2009, 08:00 PM
  3. True Story
    By MrBurns in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27th-May-2009, 06:05 PM
  4. 198% CAR - too good to be true?
    By gooloo in forum Trading Strategies/Systems
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 1st-October-2008, 12:36 AM
  5. Could this be true?
    By MARKETWAVES in forum International Markets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31st-May-2005, 08:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Aussie Stock Forums