The financial system is out of control . In the current form it will destroy the capitalist system. It has many faults
1. It promotes greed.
2. It is too expensive.
3. It puts the control of our society in the hands of a few.
4. Much of the control is in the hands of the faceless few.
5. It allows the benefits of productivity to be unfairly distributed.
6. There are too many middlemen (leaches in my view) sucking the lifeblood from productivity.
7. It allows those that get hold of the controls of a business to reward themselves with benefits out of proportion to their actual worth.
Farmers have learnt the hard way that the middlemen were keeping them in the poor house. Take the chicken industry. There used to be ;
1. A farmer growing grain
2. A grain merchant
3. A carrier
4. A feed miller
5 Another carrier
6 A chicken hatchery
7 A carrier
8 A chicken grower
9 A poultry auction house or buyer.
10 An abattoir
11 A poultry wholesaler.
Between each one there was a bank and each step there was a bank transaction.
Then came integration. Chicken changed from being a special occasion luxury food to being a cheap and readily available one.
I rest my case ... for now.