Hi fellow ASFers
Now, i originally didn't want to post this for obvious reasons (i don't like slagging people off), but i feel i can't hold it back.
A few weeks ago, i came across a share subscription / newsletter / recommendation site whilst googling some terminology. I was not on the lookout for a subscription service, but when they offered 5 days free trial, i thought, "why not"? And, stupid me gave them my real phone no.
Anyway, the problem isn't that i gave them my phone no., the problem is that the salesperson rang me and proceeded to do the following:
- Was reluctant to answer direct questions about the service without first establishing my level of experience, and whether i was " currently in the market".
- Everytime i asked a rational question, ie, "what exactly is your core business?" (because it was unclear to me), he would answer my question with another question.
- He constantly tried to talk over me when i asked these questions.
- After not swallowing his sales pitch, he actually told me that he wouldn't accept my credit card details, even if i handed them to him "now".
- Told me that we "couldn't work together", to which i answered, "if you're a subcription service, it wouldn't require that we work together".
- When i asked several times for a price, would not give it to me
I mean, WTF (sorry about swearing) is that all about?
I hung up on him. He then called back.
When i spoke with him a second time, he ran all this stuff by me, their returns etc., which sounded quite good, but seemed to rely in high leverage.
He then started quizzing me on my "returns" and whether theirs was "better than mine", and asked me whether i thought they could be of "benefit" to me. I replied with, "i can't answer that question right now", which is purely rational and logical (who wouldn't think about a question like that before answering?!).
Anyhow, to cut a long story short, i then started quizzing him again on the price. He WOULDN'T give it to me. I then started to say, "when you're prepared to give me a price, call me back", before he interjected with, "look XXX, i'll tell you the truth, i don't think we could work with you", to which i replied, "fine!" (waiting to get off the phone). He then sent me another email.
Omg, what is that all about? Is that unethical or what?
Why wouldn't he give me a price?
(I was actually prepared to give these guys a go, but after his attitude, i am done ).
*Thanks for title Moderator So much more fitting...