Who do you think is the best online broker in terms of the following (first 4 an absolute must). I am looking for a highly user-friendly platform:
Reliable (does not crash)
Must be able to trade short on as many shares as possible.
CFD facility a must (long and short).
Intraday charting facilities
No fancy Flash animation (like Comsec now has)
Good customer service
These are my thoughts so far:
1. Etrade: too many bugs, margin lending holds onto my stocks when i cancel order and then replace it. Overall, disatisfied.
2. Comsec: Quite usable, but has slowed down since upgrade, can't use CBA shares as security for margin lending, can't go short on CBA, not sure about CFDs. Quite expensive: charge $10.00 transaction fee on every transaction. Big bonus: iphone platform.
3. MQ Prime: this is my favourite so far. Can go short on a variety of stocks, can trade CDFs on same platform, but can't go short on MQG. Apparently, they are working on a similiar concept to Comsec's iphone platform, although no details provided.
4. MF Global: Not too impressed
5. CMC markets: for CFD trading only, seems good. Can trade just about everything, can go short on my 'preferred' stocks. Doubts: don't like handing my money over to a non-banking institution.
Possibilities: Use MQ Prime as my main broker, with a small deposit at CMC markets, so i can go short on MQG.
Or maybe Comsec for the iphone, and small account with CMC...
Any other brokers? Your thoughts?