The Value of "News" - Aussie Stock Forums

Default The Value of "News"

Just like to point out that NAB and ANZ are two of the most traded bank shares with the highest turnover today. Next time, take a bet against what you read. Screw 'em!

Brisbane, QLD

Default Re: The Value of "News"

Obviously you own bank shares..

Quote Originally Posted by smh
    Analysts at Citibank yesterday changed recommendations on both banks from hold to sell, in a sweeping review of all the reasons to shed exposure to the sector
    I wonder if this is an indication that the smart money wants in?

Yes, true. I don't own them, just trade them.

I hear ya mate. I went short on both, just 20Gs each, I'm holding onto it, hoping Ive just done my usual trick of catching the bottom of a swell, but not the overall wave. Would be interesting to hear others accounts of news trading, its not something I tend to do often myself.

Sorry. I didn't go short today. I just took my profit. I went in a few days (16 actually) ago. I think NAB looks bad for a short.

well since I just closed these positions, time to update this thread

sell $18.15 july 22
    buy $17.01 August 5

sell $27.54
    buy $24.98 (same dates as above)

Conclusion ... the news was good, but disregarded by the public, I dont even think that article made the papers, but the fall certainly did. Since none of these looked to be great shorts without the news, i had to hold on through a fair nail biting period before the news made good. Bad trading practise? probably, but in this case it paid off.