(For entertainment purposes only of course)
1. Lateline Business had a news story tonight explaining short selling using scooters as an example ("if you think the price of scooters will fall, you borrow a scooter from your mate, sell it, wait for the price of scooters to fall, then buy it back and give it back to your mate, pocketing the profit" - WHAT THE?!).
2. The pervasiveness of news stories and forum postings predicting the market will go to 4700, 3000, 2000, whatever number. For sure.
3. Bad news causing stock price rises (Merrill Lynch writes off 2 billion dollars or so, price rises).
4. The continued inability of the XAO to get below 5200-ish despite trying really, really hard.
5. Not a bullish market story in sight in the popular media.
6. My long term trend following system (and I venture to say most long term trend following systems) approaching maximum drawdown and maximum run of losses.