Sydandey! - Blogs - Aussie Stock Forums

View RSS Feed

The Lyceum - searching for eudaimonia

Rate this Entry
Well, I take back everything I ever said about Sydney. This is a great city and I think Melbournians are completely biased in there opinion that this place has no heart.

It has to have the most specular setting in the world. I flew in late this afternoon under a blue sky and it's unbeatable. I've travelled a little bit, and there is no better fly-in to a state capital.

And while we all know it's beautiful, after almost 2 months of living in the city, it has a heart. It's pumping hard in several places.

I've been living in hotels and the Vic Barracks Officers Mess the past few weeks but move into a new pad on Bondi Beach this week. Can't wait!!!

Submit "Sydandey!" to Digg Submit "Sydandey!" to del.icio.us Submit "Sydandey!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sydandey!" to Google

Happy times for you indeed.

Melbourne born and raised but now living in Sydney for work...I can see the positives and negatives in both. But Melbourne will always have it over Sydney. The widest the roads get here is 2 lanes =P

Sydney do have some of the most amazing inner city beaches though...you just can't compare anything to them. And this late autumn weather surely beats the pants off those blusterly Melbourne morns...

Kennas...where were you born and raised?
    Lived my first 21 years in Melbs. Moved to QLD for 6 months and then joined the Army. Was posted to: Sydney, Rwanda, Portsea, Point Cook, Darwin, Albury Wodonga, East Timor, Sydney, then went backpacking for a year, Melbourne for 2, then Peru for 3, and now back in Sydney.

I'll be moving back to Latin America next I think.
    yes i agree re flyin and eastern n northern sydney beaches. a couple mins from cbd too.

harbour too. with tinnie u r made, and i come from arguably nz's most scenic area. i went back and all it gave me was yr of semi depession.

i love it how the 'heat' hits u when u leave the airport too, a bit of global warming and it would b near perfect.

the near endless sun too.

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
Aussie Stock Forums