Capping? - Blogs - Aussie Stock Forums

View RSS Feed

The Lyceum - searching for eudaimonia

Rate this Entry
I have rarely seen this event, and even now I am wondering whether I am too emotionally attached to a stock or not.

But, over the past few days I have seen larger than normal orders for a minnor stock on the Ask side which seem unusual.

Unusual in the sense that if I wanted to sell $20k of an illiquid stock I would not put the order on market like these guys have been doing. I would just be picking off the Bids here and there to keep the price bouyant.

This is for very junior minows remember, not relevant for a BHP.

Anyway, does 'capping' exist?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AZM capping.GIF 
Views:	184 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	40376  

Submit "Capping?" to Digg Submit "Capping?" to del.icio.us Submit "Capping?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Capping?" to Google

Updated 21st-July-2009 at 03:34 PM by kennas

Random thoughts

I think it does, but not nearly as prevalent as some people make out. That seems to be a rampers excuse when i stock does not move up "oh its been capped" however i think it is fairly rare
    Yeah, that's what I've thought. Amazing how many cappers there are on stocks discussed at Hot Cocker.

I'm still seeing it on one of my stocks at the moment. I think I'm objective, but......
    AZM rarely has anyone buy over 50K shares at a time, except me I think.

But the past few days they've had quite a few and the usual person splashing up a sell of 200K plus. For someone who watches the stock all days, it's just really weird.

And, WTF now with the 150 share orders at a few cents.

Maybe it's just a bot at work.

But, I can't work out if it's a good or bad thing.

Is it good that a broker has bots at work on this stock?

i have been wondering too why it hasnt got some fire behind it from the recent rise in the pog in the last few days. oh add the positive market sentiment also, as its just a junior explorer.
    kondys crystals, forgot about that since school.
    Updated 21st-July-2009 at 04:44 PM by shag

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
Aussie Stock Forums