Positions update 15 Aug - Blogs - Aussie Stock Forums

View RSS Feed

The Lyceum - searching for eudaimonia

Positions update 15 Aug

Rate this Entry
Well, the carnage continues.

I have thinned out a few positions over the past 2 weeks and been concentrating on day trading the ASX mini and gold throuh IG. Not doing very well at that either.

I think I'll have to go back to taxi driving soon...

Sold about a third of AZM at 15 for 15% profit. Might try and pick some up cheaper hopefully before gold resumes a climb or the Bepkong JORC comes out. (assuming it's good and not on a gold smashing day)

Panick sold my LGL at $2.15 for a few % gain, after holding them for ages. Also looking to get back in once gold settles.

Sold a few MAK at $1.10 average for about 100% profit. I thought there was potential for a turn around last week, but it's still well trending down.

BMN is turning into a disaster, and I am spanking myself over it. My investment/trading plan over the past 2 years has been to cut losses early, and let winners run. I'm down 50% on this now, and continue to hold because the 'fundamentals' are solid. What a joke. And what a goose. Lesson learnt again. Might sell for a capital loss and buy back in as I think it's way undervalued. 80c may be a bottom.

NCM, holding.

DMM, holding, treading water, thankfully.

BFE, ditto..

Bought and sold WOW and WBC last week for about a 1% gain.

Looking closely at KMN for a short term trade. Back at 20c again and due for a few announcements. Commods tanking might keep it down no matter what though. But, downside looks limited from here.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Positions 15 Aug.GIF 
Views:	133 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	40236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Current P&L 15 Aug.GIF 
Views:	187 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	40237   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Closed trades P&L 15 Aug.GIF 
Views:	189 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	40238  

Submit "Positions update 15 Aug" to Digg Submit "Positions update 15 Aug" to del.icio.us Submit "Positions update 15 Aug" to StumbleUpon Submit "Positions update 15 Aug" to Google

Sold BMN for 50% loss, will watch for reentry.

Sold NCM for an 80% gain, over some time... Will get a takeover offer now...eeeek!

I think golds going to keep going down for a bit, but if it recovers and breaks back up will be back into LGL and NCM.
    Selling down a few more MAK for about a 55% gain.

Far cry from what was a 700% winner at one point.

Bought back into some AZM the last few days at 14.

JORC for Bepkong expected to be out today or tomorrow and I might tell into any strength to take some more profits. Depends on the JORC and response really.
    Hmmmmf, No ann from AZM. Disappointed.

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
Aussie Stock Forums