Wrong, crushed, out. - Blogs - Aussie Stock Forums

View RSS Feed

Wrong, crushed, out.

Rate this Entry
As you know for the past few months I have been rabbiting on about how BHP was undervalued and people need to hold out and be firm in their convictions.

Well I couldn't:

Maintain conviction -
Because as lovely as the fundamentals sound, who knows how much the price will be punished. After all like one other ASF reader said price is a "human idea".

And also, what if BHP acquires Rio, has too much trouble integrating the business and gets raped on its debt?

Hold on - The higher funding costs have gotten to me and I was sick of seeing cash seeping out of my account everyday to maintain it.

Wasn't ready myself - I was saying in my blogs earlier that traders should be ready for a 30% correction. Well that happened, and even I wasn't ready. I had to top up my account with plenty of my reserve savings to avoid a margin call.

And then I made a stupid move of shorting the British BHP at the bottom and then the criss-crossing between Aus/British BHP got too complicated.

Anyway, I'm still very happy . I had a 400% profit increase last year, I'm still up YTD and I've got my cash napping in the savings.

And most importantly - I actually had a good night's sleep last week because I didn't hold any CFDs and worried about metals/Dow each morning.

I bow out of CFDs and margin lending humbly. A margin call is something I do not want to worry about when I go to bed, I've had enough!

After this, and hopefully this is something I stick to: I want a diversified portfolio of mainly blue-chips and I don't want to use margin lending to buy them (so I can sleep at night!).
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bhp_ax12sep07_to_23mar08.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	40213  

Submit "Wrong, crushed, out." to Digg Submit "Wrong, crushed, out." to del.icio.us Submit "Wrong, crushed, out." to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrong, crushed, out." to Google

Good to see someone who can admit their mistakes and see the upside from bad situations.

You may bet a chance to get some bluechips at low prices the way the market is shaping up...

Good luck with it all
    I agree with prawn's comment. good on you vishalt.

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
Aussie Stock Forums