MY port folio - Blogs - Aussie Stock Forums

View RSS Feed

MY port folio

Rate this Entry
by , 20th-October-2007 at 12:44 AM (2315 Views)

Date 19 october, 2007.

AIO 1000 -@ 8.88 TARGET $11
ARR 5665 - @ 1.93 TARGET $4
AXT 31,797 @ .30 TARGET $1, THEN $5
BLD 1717 @ 7.27 TARGET $9
CME 100,000 @.05 TARGET $10 CENTS
CPU 1400 @ 8.99 TARGET $11
JHX 1000 @6.77 TARGET $9
NWS 477 @ 26.19 TARGET $50
PEM 1500 @ 3.93 TARGET $5.20 THEN $8
PTM 2069 @ 6.04 TARGET $8 THEN $15
TAH 500 @ 14.86 TARGET $17 THEN $25

Current market value $112,753

all ords 6723

I am 22 years of age, and have been interested in the market for some time. I have a BT margin lending account that has a $48,000 loan on it i have about 20% untill a margin call so i think i am safe at the moment.

I have decided to buy stocks I like in $12500 batches. I was very bullish on BHP and RIO back when they were 70 and 24 bucks. i didnt do well out of them and my lack of experience probably cost me 50k in profits.

none the less i am a survivor. and in the green.

SO i have decided to take more of a boring approach to my portfolio for the next 5 years.

I have basically got some high paying dividend stocks, combined with some exploration companies, and growth stories.

I have taken profits too early before which has been my downfall.

So I have come up with my port folio which is lacking a major miner, and a major bank.

I am trying to invest in what i see as value, or upside through exploration.

I see tabcorp, telstra, argo, as my life time stocks. the dividends over a long period of time will be re-invested.

I am trying to buy below valuations.

on my targets i have

I think there is a lot of heat in the market at the moment, and a lot of stocks are over priced. i am concerned that if BHP falls the market will really be punished.

I think interest rates and the US dollar will have an effect on american exposed stocks so i may sell NWS,an not buy into MIG on that basis.

if the dollar becomes the same in aus as it is in US then i think pacific brands should do really well as they import there goods.

i am have taken the diversified approach because i am no genious and i figure if i buy into enough top 50 companies then i am a chance of doing well.

for me the divided is important.

If a stock outperforms i am always tempted to take profits.... good bad... depending on AXT drill results there may be a case to buy more. i have been in an out since float and think they are a great company with a bucket load of copper.

this is my blog. so i can say they are going to go to the moon.

biggest mistakes...

sellling YML at 25 cents for a $400 profit
selling cqt at 13 cents for a $900 profit.

Submit "MY port folio" to Digg Submit "MY port folio" to del.icio.us Submit "MY port folio" to StumbleUpon Submit "MY port folio" to Google

Hey, Ken

Thank you for sharing your portfolio information and opinions.
    We share only a couple of stock interests (NAB, ARR and TLSCA - plus a past interest in SRZ, now out of it), but I'm interested in your position size of $12,500. How did you come at that figure? I have just moved up from $3000 to $5000 and thought that was adventurous. At $12500 I might feel a little overexposed - risk wise.

Like you I have changed recently to buying more dividend bearing stock. What do you consider a good annual %? I have been working on 5% minimum, but wonder if I'm kidding myself! Currently considering CPK which yields about12% p/a, but I don't know how it will perform as a growth stock between 15 Nov and 16 May 08 (the 2 ex-div dates).

Then again, I'm 57 so may have different perspective to you - in terms of performance expectations (?).

BTW I have recently also moved into some gold stocks - I think I saw your posting on a gold thread: OXR, SAR and GCR. What's you opinion of these?

Aussie Stock Forums